Contact Us

Contact Us

Contact a Program or Office  

Are you travelling to or from another country and bringing along Fluffy or Fido?  You’ll need to meet the animal health requirements of the country you are visiting.  This can involve getting a health certificate, updating vaccinations, completing disease testing, and having your paperwork reviewed and endorsed by APHIS.

START HERE >> Travel with your Pet

Search the USDA knowledge base system, Ask the Expert, to find answers to many of your questions, including additional contact information.

Need help?  Can't find what you're looking for?
Contact the APHIS Customer Service Call Center

8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday EST



Report a suspected plant pest or disease.

Permits (ePermits), Notifications, Petitions

For questions and assistance regarding permit application status, whether or not you need a permit, and regulations and policies concerning allowable imports please contact the appropriate office listed below:

Plants and Plants Products
Phone: 301-851-2046 or
Toll free: 1-877-770-5990

Pest Permits and Noxious Weeds
Phone: 301-851-2046
Toll free: 866-524-5421

Genetically Engineered Organisms
Telephone Number: 301-851-3877
ePermits Technical Support

Domestic Travel (Intrastate and Interstate Movement):  For questions related to the movement of plants and plant products from one State to another or within a State, contact the State Plant Health Director.


Exports Call Center: 301-851-3300

Animals Products
Fax Number: 301-734-8226

Live Animals

Select Agents

Organisms and Vectors:

Imports (bring into the U.S. from another country)

Travel with your Pet

Animal Welfare Contacts

Report a concern about animal welfare

Search Active Licensees, Registered Facilities, Annual Reports, and Inspection Reports using the Animal Care Information System (ACIS) Search Tool

Additional Contacts

Complementary Content