Live Animal Exports (Moving Animals to Another Country)

Last Modified: Junio 28, 2024

This page contains information about exporting hatching eggs, germplasm (semen, embryos, oocytes), and live animals other than pets from the United States to a foreign country or territory. If you're looking for information about taking a pet to another country, visit Pet Travel.

Visit Pet Travel

Country Requirements

International Regulations for Animal Exports (IRegs)

IRegs provides exporters with our best understanding of importing countries' requirements for live animals, including hatching eggs and germplasm. Please select the country of destination from the drop-down menu below, and then click "View Requirements."

If your country is not listed, the requirements for that species are not known. Exporters who want to ship live animals to a country whose requirements are not listed should apply for an import permit from the appropriate authority of the destination country, either directly or via the importer or buyer in the destination country. The import permit should outline the specific conditions that must be met to ship. 

More Information

Looking for the latest country requirement updates? See the History of Requirement Updates for Live Animal Exports.

Want to receive email updates from APHIS about live animal exports? Sign up and select the "Veterinary Services - IREGS Live Animals Updates (Exports)" topic.

Live Animal Export Resources

Need Help?

USDA-Accredited Veterinarians

Contact a USDA-accredited veterinarian for questions about your destination country's entry requirements for animals (including any needed vaccinations, tests, or treatments) and for issuance of health certificates.

Find a USDA-Accredited Veterinarian

USDA Endorsement Offices

Contact your nearest APHIS Veterinary Export Trade Services Endorsement Office for questions about endorsing an export health certificate for live animals.