Skip to main content

Pet travel from the U.S. to Bolivia


USDA Accredited Veterinarian Signature Original Ink
APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer Signature Original Ink

Details: Health certificates require original ink signatures from the issuing USDA Accredited Veterinarian and the endorsing APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer with the application of the APHIS embossed seal. Submissions through the online Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS) cannot be accepted at this time.

  1. The animals must be accompanied by a health certificate (APHIS Form 7001) issued by An accredited veterinarian.
  2. Health certificates must be issued within 3 months prior to arrival.
  3. The certificate must include the complete identification of the animal, including breed, sex and age, owner's name and address, address at destination, date of rabies vaccination and product used, and any other vaccines that were given.
  4. The certificate needs to be endorsed by Veterinary Services and must be legalized at a Bolivian Consulate for a fee.

NOTE: Before travel, the Bolivian health certificate must be legalized.

More information can be found at: 

For pet travel requirements not listed, APHIS has not been officially informed by the foreign country about the requirements for your pet’s travel. We recommended that you contact a government official of the country you are traveling to for more information.

Country of destination contact information:  

Considerations for airline travel:

Airlines may have separate and additional requirements. Check with your airline to determine what requirements they may have, if any. 

Additional information for pet owners, airlines, and others about APHIS endorsement of international health certificates.

View requirements for returning to the US with your pet

Complementary Content