Skip to main content

U.S. flag An official website of the United States government

Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
U.S. Department of Agriculture
USDA FAQ's and resources about coronavirus (COVID-19).  LEARN MORE

Canada to Alaska

A permit is required for equines entering Alaska from Canada. The importer should call and schedule an appointment 72 hours in advance of crossing. The Port Veterinary Medical Officer (VMO) or Animal Health Technician (AHT) or Program Assistant (PA) will be able to answer all their questions and ensure they have everything they need for a smooth import.

Complementary Content