Skip to main content


Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animals, animal products, or to obtain a zoosanitary certificate for an animal product, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the animal or product will be exported, the area in which your office is located, or the area in which the product is manufactured.

Animal Products

Live Animals

Animal Products to Norway

Norway is not a member state of the European Union (EU). However, Norway requires the same certificates as the European Union for most commodities. Prior to preparing to export, exporters should have their Norwegian importers confirm with the pertinent Norwegian authorities. For commodities where the importer verifies an EU certificate is required, please refer to the general information file for the European Union.

Language requirement for Certificates

Norway will accept English only certificates. They do not require English certificates to be bilingual.

*When there is Doubt What Certification Requirements Apply* - Steps to follow - September 2016 (pdf 579kb)

Milk and milk-based products for human consumption - February 2003 (pdf 27kb)

Samples (research and diagnostic) - September 2016 (pdf 5kb)

Complementary Content