Skip to main content
Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
U.S. Department of Agriculture
USDA FAQ's and resources about coronavirus (COVID-19).  LEARN MORE



Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animal products, or to obtain a zoosanitary certificate for an animal product, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the product will be exported, the area in which your office is located, or the area in which the product is manufactured.

Animal Products to Malta

Malta is a member state of the European Union. The European Union has harmonized import requirements for certain animal origin products. For harmonized protocols please refer to the general information file for the European Union.

Exporters must have their importers confirm with the appropriate Ministry of Animal Health that Malta will accept product on the appropriate EU certificate prior to shipment.

Language requirement for Certificates

Malta will accept English only certificates. They do not require English certificates to be bilingual.

Complementary Content