APHIS Endorsement Offices by State

Last Modified: March 29, 2024

Important steps:

  1. Visit Take a Pet From the United States to Another Country (Export) to get detailed information about your destination country's health requirements, including necessary paperwork.
  2. Submit the required paperwork. Choose Option 1 or Option 2, not both. If your submission requires our office to return an endorsed hard copy to you, we strongly recommend that you purchase an overnight return shipping label with Saturday delivery.

Option 1 (recommended): Use the Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS). Veterinarians can save time and money using VEHCS to submit paperwork, including the health certificate. All countries allow the use of VEHCS to submit the health certificate for endorsement. An accredited veterinarian typically handles this process.

Option 2: Ship the paperwork to APHIS. Use the shipping address for the APHIS Veterinary Export Trade Services Endorsement Office serving your State (see dropdown below). Include this checklist with your paperwork to ensure that all required documents are in your shipping package. Submitting an incomplete package will cause delays.

Export Trade Services (by State)

APHIS has animal health officials available nationwide with expertise in export requirements for animals. Contact your nearest office for questions about international pet travel requirements (including health certificate endorsement) or endorsing an export or health certificate for live animals.