Web Content Viewer (JSR 286)



If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animals, animal products, or to obtain a zoosanitary certificate for an animal product, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from where the product will be exported (or the area in which your office is located).

Animal Products

Live Animals

Animal Products to China

Animal products exported to China should be exported using the fillable “Export Certificate for Animal Products” VS Form 16-4 MAR 2010. This is the only electronically generated VS 16-4 that China will allow, and it is the only version of the VS 16-4 that will be endorsed by VS after October 31, 2010.* Please see “Notice to Exporters” on the home page of the International Animal Product Export Regulations (IREGs) for access to the VS Form 16-4 MAR 2010 and the VS Form 16-4A MAR 2010 (continuation page), as well as general instructions:


NOTE: The Special Administrative Regions of China (Hong Kong and Macau) have import requirements separate from China. For known import protocols for Hong Kong, please visit the International Animal Product Regulations (IREGs) page for Hong Kong. For non-posted animal product requirements for Hong Kong and for all animal product requirements for Macau, exporters should work with their importers in these respective regions

Gelatin for technical use - October 2005 (pdf 15kb)

Pet Food, Feed Ingredients, and Animal Fats - October 2010 (pdf 26kb)

Additional Information