August Is Tree Check Month
Because the Asian Longhorned Beetle (ALB) is particularly active this time of year, it can be easier to spot it or the signs of the beetle. Take a 10-minute walk around your yard or neighborhood and inspect your trees. If you see any signs, report them here.
Things you can do to help:
- Check your trees. Know what to look for.
- Post our Tree Check Month badge on your Web site and/or social media pages.
- Share ALB videos with people you know.
- Create a social post in August as Tree Check Month — #TreeCheck2018.
- Join Johnny Arbor in the fight against ALB by downloading his beard and sharing a photo of you wearing it, encouraging friends to look for and report signs of the beetle.
- Invite friends and family to go on a tree check walk to look for signs of infestation.
Get to know the facts: