Maine – Veterinary Services Endorsement Office
NOTICE: Customers located in Maine are requested to contact the APHIS VS Service Center located in Albany, New York for assistance.
In some instances, in-person appointments for endorsement may be available at a location closer to you. Please contact the office listed below for more information on your health certificate submission options.
State-Specific Guidance Handout for International Pet Travel
USDA, APHIS, VS, Veterinary Export Trade Services
500 New Karner Road, 2nd Floor
Albany, New York 12205
Important Document Submission and Endorsement Information:
Include the following items when mailing/coming in for endorsement:
- ORIGINAL health certificate or document. The health certificate MUST be completed, signed and dated by a USDA accredited veterinarian.
- Rabies vaccination certificate
- Import permit and test results (if required by importing country)
- Payment for endorsement services
- Prepaid, pre-addressed return shipping label (FedEx, UPS, USPS)
- The “TO” and “FROM” name/address should be your own. Return shipping labels that contain a USDA address may be rejected.
- Not required for documents submitted for endorsement in-person.
THIS OFFICE DOES NOT REVIEW DOCUMENTS PRIOR TO SUBMISSION FOR