Development of Methods to Control Rodent Populations and Damage with an Emphasis on Invasive House Mice and Native Voles
PROJECT GOAL: Develop methods to reduce invasive and native rodent damage with both lethal and nonlethal approaches.
1. Develop and test new potential rodenticides to replace ineffective rodenticides and products no longer available.
2. Develop and test new delivery systems for chemical delivery to rodents.
3. Develop and test barrier systems for rodent and rabbit damage reduction.
4. Develop and test repellents for rodent and rabbit damage reduction.
5. Develop and test fertility control materials for rodent and rabbit population management.
6. Review current and potential strategies and approaches to rodent and rabbit damage reduction.
7. Provide service assistance to stakeholders through consultations.