Plant Health Technical Bilateral Meetings
- U.S. - Mexico Plant Health Bilateral Meeting in Tucson, Arizona, October 23, 2018
Contact Eric Longen for details, Eric.C.Longen@aphis.usda.gov
- U.S. - European Union Plant Health Bilateral Meeting in Brussels, Belgium, week of October 24 to 25, 2018
Contact Matthew Messenger for details, Matthew.T.Messenger@aphis.usda.gov
- U.S. - Canada Plant Health Bilateral Meeting in Tucson, Arizona, October 25, 2018
Contact Shelah Morita for details, Shelah.I.Morita@aphis.usda.gov
U.S. - China Plant Health Bilateral Meeting in San Diego, California, week of November 12, 2018 (tentative)
Contact Wenbin Li for details, Wenbin.Li@aphis.usda.gov
The Phytosanitary Issues Management (PIM) staff requests stakeholder input in developing agenda items for upcoming Plant Health Technical Bilateral Meetings. Please contact the PIM staff by calling 301-851-2046. The meetings are an opportunity to acquire, expand, or maintain export and import agricultural markets by:
- Exchanging information about specific commodities.
- Amending current phytosanitary requirements based on updated information.
- Documenting agreements made and next steps.
- Establishing time frames for completion of items/resolution of issues.
- Establishing joint working groups to explore and resolve issues of mutual concern.