Laboratories and Programs
Beltsville Lab, Beltsville, MD
- Develops, validates, and deploys new molecular diagnostics methods for high consequence plant pathogens.
Fort Collins Lab, Fort Collins, CO
- Develops pest identification tools and technologies.
Miami Lab, Miami, FL
- Develops improved inspection methods and phytosanitary treatment technologies.
- Evaluates commodity treatment efficacy and technology and certifies and audits treatment facilities.
- Provides analytical chemistry support.
Mission Lab, Edinburg TX
- Develops molecular diagnostics for arthropods and gastropods.
- Provides support for Mexican fruit fly sterile insect technique eradication program.
- Supports research on integrated pest management and biological control.
Otis Lab, Buzzards Bay, MA
- Develops phytosanitary treatments for commodities.
- Develops and evaluates pest surveillance and management methods.
- Develops and deploys biological control programs for insect pests.
Plant Epidemiology and Risk Analysis Laboratory, Raleigh, NC
- Analyzes the pest risks associated with import and export of plant products in order to facilitate safe trade.
- Identifies and assesses new pest threats.
- Assesses risks and impacts of invasive plant pests.
Phoenix Lab, Phoenix, AZ
- Develops and implements management methods for pink bollworm and rangeland pests such as grasshoppers and Mormon cricket.
California Station, Salinas, CA
- Develops pest management and commodity treatment methods for light brown apple moth, European grapevine moth, and Asian citrus psyllid.
Biological Control Program
- Develops new biological control programs and technologies to control plant pests and weeds.
Fruit Fly Program
- Develops methods to support exotic fruit fly exclusion and detection.
National Plant Protection Laboratory Accreditation Program
- Evaluates laboratories outside of PPQ to ensure their capability to make accurate diagnostic determinations for regulatory purposes.
National Clean Plant Network
- Provides high quality asexually propagated plant material tested for targeted plant pathogens and pests.