CPHST Laboratories and Programs
CPHST Miami Lab, Miami, FL
- Develops improved inspection methods and phytosanitary treatment technologies.
- Evaluates commodity treatment efficacy and technology and certifies and audits treatment facilities.
- Provides analytical chemistry support.
CPHST Beltsville Lab, Beltsville, MD
- Develops, validates, and deploys new molecular diagnostics methods for high consequence plant pathogens.
CPHST Fort Collins Lab, Fort Collins, CO
- Develops pest identification tools and technologies.
- Develops pest survey protocols and guidelines.
- Assesses waste disposal and decontamination methods.
CPHST Mission Lab, Edinburg TX
- Develops molecular diagnostics for arthropods and gastropods.
- Provides support for Mexican fruit fly sterile insect technique eradication program.
- Supports research on integrated pest management and biological control.
CPHST Otis Lab, Buzzards Bay, MA
- Develops phytosanitary treatments for commodities.
- Develops and evaluates pest surveillance and management methods.
- Develops and deploys biological control programs for insect pests.
Plant Epidemiology and Risk Analysis Laboratory, Raleigh, NC
- Analyzes the pest risks associated with import and export of plant products in order to facilitate safe trade.
- Identifies and assesses new pest threats.
CPHST Phoenix Lab, Phoenix, AZ
- Develops and implements management methods for pink bollworm and rangeland pests such as grasshoppers and Mormon cricket.
CPHST Biloxi Station, Biloxi, Mississippi
- Develops methods and tools for the survey, detection, regulation, and control of the imported fire ant to support the Federal Imported Fire Ant Quarantine.
- Oversees routine sample analysis for detecting the presence of pesticide residues and toxic substances to support APHIS programs.
CPHST California Station, Salinas, CA
- Develops pest management and commodity treatment methods for light brown apple moth, European grapevine moth, and Asian citrus psyllid.
Biological Control Program
- Develops new biological control programs and technologies to control plant pests and weeds.
Fruit Fly Program
- Develops methods to support exotic fruit fly exclusion and detection.
National Plant Protection Laboratory Accreditation Program
- Evaluates laboratories outside of PPQ to ensure their capability to make accurate diagnostic determinations for regulatory purposes.
National Scientific Technologies
- Assesses and transfers detection, identification, diagnostic, and exclusion tools and technologies to support PPQ programs