Skip to main content

U.S. flag An official website of the United States government

Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
U.S. Department of Agriculture
USDA FAQ's and resources about coronavirus (COVID-19).  LEARN MORE

What should I do if I signed the declaration but I’m not the Importer of Record or the authorized agent for the Importer of Record?

You should notify the Importer of Record for the associated shipment and advise them that it is their responsibility to file the Lacey Act declaration.  You may help them by providing the information for the declaration that they may not possess.  If you signed a paper PPQ form 505 and submitted it to APHIS, advise the Importer of Record that they must submit the PPQ Form 505 and indicate “Corrected” at the top.  If you filed the declaration in the LAWGS data system, contact APHIS to discuss next steps.   

Complementary Content