Plant Health Technical Bilateral Meetings
- U.S. - Guatemala Plant Health Bilateral Meeting in Riverdale, Maryland, week of November 26, 2018
Contact Eric Longen for details, Eric.C.Longen@aphis.usda.gov
Tentative for 2019
Fiscal Quarter 2 (January to March)
- U.S. - Colombia Plant Health Bilateral Meeting in California
- U.S. - Australia Plant Health Bilateral Meeting in Melbourne, Australia
- U.S. - New Zealand Plant Health Bilateral Meeting in Wellington, New Zealand
The Phytosanitary Issues Management (PIM) staff requests stakeholder input in developing agenda items for upcoming Plant Health Technical Bilateral Meetings. Please contact the PIM staff by calling 301-851-2046. The meetings are an opportunity to acquire, expand, or maintain export and import agricultural markets by:
- Exchanging information about specific commodities.
- Amending current phytosanitary requirements based on updated information.
- Documenting agreements made and next steps.
- Establishing time frames for completion of items/resolution of issues.
- Establishing joint working groups to explore and resolve issues of mutual concern.