Mailing Your Application
You also have the option of mailing your application directly to APHIS. Emailed, faxed, or hand-delivered applications will not be accepted for
consideration under any circumstances. Incomplete applications and applications postmarked after the deadline also will not receive consideration.
A complete application package submitted by mail includes:
- The four-page AgDiscovery 2019 application form. You can download a fillable PDF from the APHIS website at www.aphis.usda.gov/agdiscovery. We strongly suggest that you complete the form by typing information directly into it. If you prefer to complete the form by hand, please ensure that all information is neatly printed and clearly legible.
- A two-page essay entitled, “Why I Want to Attend the AgDiscovery Program at University, and What I Want to Learn.” In the essay, include information about your interests, hobbies, and any agricultural science-related courses completed or in progress; extracurricular or volunteer activities related to agriculture or plant, animal, or biological science; future career goals; and how you plan to achieve your goals. Be sure to include your full name, age, home address, telephone number, and email address on the first page of the essay.
- Three letters of recommendation from people not related to you who know you well. At least one recommendation must come from a teacher, school counselor, or administrator. Each letter of recommendation must be sealed in a separate envelope and then placed in one large envelope with the application form and essay.
Only ONE large envelope containing the application form, essay, and sealed letters of recommendation will be accepted per applicant. DO NOT include any of the following in your application package: photographs, birth certificate, report card, transcript, news clippings, awards, or other extra documents.
- Online: MARCH 15, 2019 (by midnight, Eastern Standard Time)
- Mailed: postmarked by MARCH 15, 2019
Mailed applications should be sent to:
USDA-APHIS AgDiscovery Program
ATTN: Tammy Lowry
Office of Civil Rights, Diversity, and Inclusion
4700 River Road, Unit 92, Suite 6C-04
Riverdale, MD 20737-1234
Find Out More!