Skip to main content
Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
U.S. Department of Agriculture
USDA FAQ's and resources about coronavirus (COVID-19).  LEARN MORE

Retirement Application Forms


The following forms are needed to apply for retirement under Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) or the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). Ask your servicing Benefits Specialist for assistance if you have any questions. Failure to complete any form or item of information that may be required in your case may cause a delay in the final processing of your application for retirement.

All completed retirement application packages are to be submitted to your servicing Benefits Specialist 30 to 60 days in advance of your anticipated retirement date. In addition, you are required to ask your supervisor to submit a Request for Personnel Action for your retirement through the Personnel Actions Tracking System (PATS), and request that your last time and attendance submission be marked FINAL.

The forms needed for CSRS retirements are:

The forms needed for FERS retirements are:

To apply for disability retirement under CSRS or FERS you will need:


(For employees of USDA Marketing and Regulatory Programs and the Merit Systems Protection Board)


Complementary Content