Skip to main content

U.S. flag An official website of the United States government

Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
U.S. Department of Agriculture
USDA FAQ's and resources about coronavirus (COVID-19).  LEARN MORE

Accounts Receivable Shared Services Team FAQs

VS User Fees & PPQ


The following is a list of frequently asked questions that the Accounts Receivable Shared Services Team receives from our VS and PPQ customers. Please feel free to contact the Accounts Receivable Shared Services Team if you require any further assistance.

Accounts Receivable Shared Services Team Management Team Contact Information:

Toll Free Number: 1-877-777-2128
Assistance via Email: ABSHelpline@APHIS.USDA.GOV
Fax Number: 612-336-3563

How do I request a Credit Account Number using APHIS Form 192, Application for Credit Account and Request for Service ?  

APHIS Form 192, Application for Credit Account and Request for Services, is used to request a credit account number for VS-User Fees or PPQ.

What do I need to do? 

Please review the terms and conditions, and complete the APHIS Form 192.

Terms and Conditions Form (for VS User Fees only) 
Terms and Conditions (ROT User Fees only)

APHIS Form 192
IRS - W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification

Send the completed form to the following address:

Attn: APHIS AR Team
250 Marquette Ave, Suite 410
Minneapolis, MN 55401


Fax to (612) 336-3563

Helpful hints: 

When preparing the APHIS Form 192, you should:

  • Type or print clearly
  • Include a telephone number with the area code
  • Be sure the form is signed
  • Specify what the account number request is needed for - VS User Fee services
  • MUST include their tax id, company TIN or the applicant's social security number.

(Accounts will not be established without this information.)

What the Accounts Receivable Shared Services Team will do: 

ART will conduct a credit background investigation and approve or disapprove the account. If approved, an account number will be issued. Accounts Receivable Shared Services Team will notify the field office (if known) and the customer of approval or disapproval.

I need a copy of an account statement and/or APHIS 81 (VS) / APHIS 89 (PPQ). How do I get it?

There are three main ways to request documents:

You must provide the following information for any method of request:

  • Vendor name
  • Account number
  • Document number for statement of services (known as APHIS 81or APHIS 89)
  • Specific month of statement (for account statements only)
  • Contact information including phone number, fax and e-mail

If you are having problems receiving these documents on a routine basis, please call the Accounts Receivable Shared Services Team immediately to verify your address and contact information. If you are moving to a new location, you must provide the new address in writing via fax or mail.

How do I obtain backup documentation (i.e. certificates, specific documents directly related to service)? 

You must contact the APHIS field office that performed the service directly.

Field office contact information 

What accounting method does APHIS use and why is that important to me? 

APHIS applies received payments to the oldest document first, and works its way up to the most recent documents. This can be problematic for vendors who do not pay off their monthly account statements.

Many problems can be avoided by paying by your monthly account statement in full, and NOT by individual invoices. Please refer to the terms and conditions for more information.

Related Links


Complementary Content