The following information should be reviewed by you in your first week or month of employment. Exit the form or external site window to return to this site when visiting other web sites on this page.
Some of this information is divided by the agency or program you work for. Where indicated, please click on the appropriate designations if you are an employee of the Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS), the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS), or the Grain Inspection Packers and Stockyards Administration (GIPSA).
- New Employee Emergency Contact Sheet. Provide this information to the APHIS EQS Program Manager at EQSSupport@usda.gov within your first work week.
- Employee Assistance Program:
- Collaborative Resolution Program (Employees Only)
- USDA’s Non-discrimination Statement*
- Employee Responsibility and Conduct Personnel Bulletin*
- Reprisal Actions Against Employees and Others*
- USDA Civil Rights*
- Civil Rights Enforcement and Compliance (APHIS) information for New Employees
- Alternative Dispute Resolution*
- Government Ethics (APHIS)(Employees Only)
- Security Awareness and Reporting of Foreign Contacts (APHIS)
- Constitution Initiative-Oath of Office
- The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)*
- The Work Number for Everyone Letter
- Merit System Principles*
- Prohibited Personnel Practices
- Political Activity (Hatch Act)*
- Human Resources Desk Guide includes information on the Merit Promotion Plan, Tours of Duty, Absence and Leave, and many other topics of interest.
- Managing Performance in MRP* (Employees Only)
- APHIS Ergonomics Program
- Use of Government Vehicles and Individual Liability
- If your new position is covered under a bargaining agreement or union representation, see the following information:
- APHIS Plant Protection and Quarantine (PPQ) unions cover employees below grade GS-13, except supervisors, laboratory employees, geneticists, biologists, microbiologists, employees involved in confidential matters, and certain others determined on a case by case basis.
- Veterinary Services: All employees in the CVB and NVSL programs (except for employees of the Animal Health and Veterinary Biologics Program and management officials, supervisors, professional employees, and employees engaged in personnel work in other than a purely clerical capacity) are covered by AFGE_2315 (Employees Only)
- Veterinary Services Tick Riders (Employees Only)
- AMS Meat Graders (Employees Only)
Any questions you may have regarding any of these forms or information should be directed to your supervisor or your orientation facilitator.