Benefits Open Season:
November 09 through December 14, 2015
This is your annual opportunity to review and:
- Change your enrollment in the Federal Employees Health Benefit (FEHB) program,
- Change your enrollment in the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP), and
- Enroll in the Federal Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAFEDS) for health care and/or dependent care for 2016.
Are you eligible for employee benefits?
What’s new this year?
FEHB Self Plus One:
This is the first year that employees can enroll in the Self Plus One enrollment option. This would be beneficial for anyone who is covering themselves and only one other eligible family member. Employees only covering one other family member and are enrolled in a Self and Family plan must make this change during Open Season. Outside of Open Season this change may be made based only on a qualifying life event.
This is the first year that FSAFEDS Carryover allows you to bring up to $500 of unspent funds into the following year when you re-enroll in a HCFSA or LEX HCFSA. Dependent care FSAs will continue to have a grace period each year and cannot carry over funds from one year to the next.
Federal Employees Health Benefits has gone green!
In an effort to lower costs and save resources, paper copies of health plan brochures will not be automatically mailed to FEHB Program members. You may view your FEHB health plan brochure online at http://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/healthcare/plan-information/
If you are currently enrolled in a FEHB health plan, your plan will contact you to offer the option of obtaining the 2016 benefit brochure online or by requesting a paper copy of the benefit brochure. If you enroll in or change to a different plan during the open season, your new health plan will mail you a paper copy of its brochure.
Recorded Open Season Webcasts
- The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHB): Do I have the Right Health Plan?
- Medicare & the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program
Click here to view these OPM's webcasts.
- Open Season Information for APHIS, AMS, GIPSA, and NRCS HQ and GA employees (PDF) New!
- Open Season Information for MSPB employees (PDF) New!
- Significant Health Plan Changes for 2015 (PDF) New!
- OPM's FEHB Program and the Affordable Care Act
- OPM's Open Season Website
- FEHB premium costs (click on Non-U.S. Postal Rates)
- FEDVIP Premium costs
- Plan Comparison Tool
- Use your E Authentication ID and password to access the NFC Employee Personal Page to make your FEHB enrollment changes.
- If you are not able to use the NFC Employee Personal Page to make your FEHB enrollment change, complete the SF-2809 and fax the Official Personnel File copy (copy 1) of the form to 612-336-3545. Example of completed SF-2809 (PDF)
- For Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP), choose your plan and process your enrollment. If you would like to drop your FEDVIP enrollment, you must also process your request through the BENEFEDS website during open season!
- Federal Employees Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAFEDS), choose your plan and process enrollment. If you were enrolled in 2014 and want to be enrolled in 2015, you MUST process your new enrollment through the FSAFEDS web site during open season!
- Open Season Instructions for Administrative Support Offices in APHIS, AMS, GIPSA, NRCS HQ and NRCS GA (PDF) New!
- Open Season Instructions for Administrative Support Offices in MSPB (PDF) New!
Questions? Contact your servicing Benefits Specialist (PDF) New!