It is never too early to begin planning for retirement! How much do you need to save to maintain your current standard of living in retirement?
Link to a variety of financial planning information and tools:
(the following are external links)
- Have you saved enough to retire? Try the new Federal Ballpark Estimate.
- Keeping Family/Household Records (http://www.pueblo.gsa.gov/cic_text/money/keeprecords/ keeprecords.htm). What should you save? Where should you keep it, and for how long?
- MY MONEY (http://www.mymoney.gov/). A new government web site with information and tools to help you understand more about saving, investing and managing money. Get a free tool kit!
- Choose to Save (http://www.choosetosave.org/) is an educational program with links to over 100 online financial calculators to help you with a wide range of financial planning issues including credit, home mortgage, and budgeting.
- Retirement and Financial Planning Report (http://www.fedweek.com) is a free weekly email report from FEDWEEK that will give you retirement and financial planning tips on personal finances, trust and estate planning, investments, taxes, insurance and more.
- The U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission (http://www.sec.gov/investor) provides investor education and assistance, including how to check out brokers and advisors and their firms.
- To learn everything you want to know about U. S. savings bonds, link to http://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/products/products.htm.
- Calculate the value of savings bond (http://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/tools/ tools_savingsbondcalc.htm).
- Investor's Clearinghouse ( http://www.investoreducation.org/) provides information on investing and financial planning.
- Personal Financial Education tools are available through AGLEARN (http://www.aglearn.usda.gov/).
- Identity Theft /features/feature-0014-identity-theft)
- Request your free annual credit report (https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action)
(For employees of USDA Marketing and Regulatory Programs and the Merit Systems Protection Board)