HRDG 4500 - Recruitment and Retention Incentives - Section A
|Subchapter 4500 - Recruitment and Retention Incentives
Section A - Roles and Responsibilities
Return to 4500 Table of Contents
| Servicing Personnel
Your Servicing Personnel Office (SPO) will implement the Pay Reform provisions, and:
- Provide advice and guidance to you on the appropriate use of these provisions.
- Activate the various payments by forwarding necessary documentation to the National Finance Center.
- Ensure appropriate forms have been completed and signed by all necessary persons.
- Verify that all salary computations are correct and appropriate.
- Verify that the candidate/employee meets the requirements for receiving additional pay under this subchapter and,
- Ensure responsible management officials annually review the need for any continuing payments (e.g., retention allowances).
| Employment Policy (EP)
Human Resources Division, Employment Policy (EP) will:
- Review and update policies,
- Evaluate the use of the provisions, and
- Collect and provide required information to USDA, Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM), or other Federal agencies.
| Managers/ Supervisors
You are expected to ensure judicious and equitable use of these authorities.
You must keep appropriate records and make required reports as detailed in this Subchapter.
This chart summarizes the data that must be kept about each new appointee or employee receiving a benefit from the various pay flexibilities found in this Subchapter. Additional Specific data record keeping requirements may be found in each specific section of this Subchapter.
Incentives offered under the Federal Employees Pay Comparability Act (i.e., recruitment, relocation or retention incentives, student loan repayment and supervisory differentials) may be destroyed by the SPO three (3) years after the date of approval, upon completion of the service agreement, or upon termination of the incentive or differential payment, whichever is later. Longer retention is permitted if required for business use. See DAA-GRS-2016-0015-0011.
||Return to 4500 Table of Contents