STLC PCS Guidance
Product Compilation Summaries (PCSs)
All of the ISSs for a given product are appended together to create a PCS. The compilation is a computerized process performed by CVB data systems. View an example PCS.
A courtesy copy of each PCS is then sent to the firm. Firms are asked to provide any feedback on errors to CVB.Single.Tier@usda.gov within 2 weeks. Since the PCSs are merely a grouping of previously cleared ISSs, errors/concerns should be rare.
- PCSs for new products will be generated and sent to the firm at the time of product licensure. There will be a delay of at least 28 days before posting the PCS to the productdata.aphis.usda.gov website. Firms wishing to have a PCS posted earlier than 28 days after licensure can request an earlier date by emailing CVB.Single.Tier@usda.gov. (Do not email your firm's reviewer.)
- PCSs for currently licensed products may be sent to the firm at any time after all of the component ISSs have been cleared and at least 28 days prior to posting the PCS on productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
- If a product is licensed and the PCS has not yet been published on productdata.aphis.usda.gov, firms may distribute their copy of the PCS, without alteration or embellishment, to interested parties.
- Updated PCSs may be generated if an eligible study is conducted after initial product licensure.
- French versions of published PCSs may be considered for publication if approved and submitted by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) to the CVB. Licensees and permittees should consult with CFIA when PCS revisions are needed to ensure consistency with the CVB generated PCS.
Return to STLC Industry Guidance page
Questions may be directed to CVB.Single.Tier@usda.gov.