NVAP Training Modules for Accreditation Renewal
NVAP Training Modules are available in the following formats:
1. Lectures at Upcoming Veterinary Conferences
2. Online as follows:
For accreditation renewal, carefully read the following:
NOTE: If a Knowledge Review page fails to load or function, please try the F5 key to refresh your browser. If this fails to load the Knowledge Review content, please let us know using the “Report an error” button on that page and we will help you navigate past that Knowledge Review.
- You must know your 6 digit National Accreditation Number (NAN) to access each module Certificate of Completion. If you do not know your NAN, please contact your local NVAP Coordinator.
- You must retain your Certificate of Completion.
- The information contained on the certificate will be needed for accreditation renewal when you submit your application.
- Keep your Certificate of Completion forever. You may be requested to display your Certificate of Completion during periodic training audits.
- At the conclusion of each module, be prepared to print your Certificate of Completion or save it in PDF format to a secure file.
- Category I Accredited Veterinarians must complete 3 units of AAST anytime within their three-year renewal period to renew their accreditation. Similarly, Category II Accredited Veterinarians must complete 6 units of AAST anytime within their three-year renewal period.
- An online accreditation renewal process is available on this website. Do not submit copies or originals of any Certificate of Completion to APHIS. If you do not know your accreditation renewal date, please contact your NVAP Coordinator.
- NVAP strongly recommends you not postpone the renewal process until just before your accreditation expires. The database you access to take your APHIS Approved Supplemental Training and retrieve your certificates of completion, as well as the database you access to apply for renewal of accreditation may be unavailable at any time due to maintenance schedules or technical problems outside our control.
- Each module of AAST represents one unit of training, and takes approximately one hour to complete. AAST may be completed free of charge by selecting the title of the Training Module links below:
Module 1: Overview of the NVAP Newly updated with audio
Module 2: Role of Agencies and Animal Movement Forms
Newly updated with audio
Module 3: Overview of Foreign Animal, Program, and Reportable Diseases
Module 4: Preventing Disease Introduction and Spread Newly updated with audio
Module 5: Vesicular Diseases
Module 6: Exotic Avian Diseases
Module 7: Foreign Animal Disease Detection in Category 1 Animals
Module 8: International Movement of Horses
Module 9: Interstate and International Health Certificates for Category 1 Animals
Module 10: Personal Protective Equipment for Veterinarians Newly updated with audio
Module 11: Sheep and Goats: Disease Awareness and Health Certificates
Module 12: Animal Disease Traceability
Module 13: Aquatic Animal Health Regulations and Health Certification
Module 14: Evaluation of Aquatic Animals for Detection of Reportable Diseases and Pathogens
Disease Prevention and Biosecurity in Aquaculture
Module 16: International Poultry Health Certificates
Module 17: National Poultry Improvement Plan (NPIP)
Module 18: Avian Influenza and Newcastle Disease
Module 19: Animal Health Emergency Response
Module 20: Slaughter Horse Transport
Module 21: Animals' Fitness to Travel
Module 22: Animal Welfare: An Introduction
Module 23: Use of Antibiotics in Animals
Module 24: Collecting and Shipping Swine Diagnostic Samples
Module 25: Using Behavior to Assess Animal Welfare
Module 26: Nonhuman Primate Transportation
Module 27: Bovine Trichomoniasis
Module 28: Significant and Emerging Viral Diseases of Carp, Koi, and Goldfish
Module 29: Veterinary Feed Directive
Module 30: The Role of Veterinarians in Honey Bee Health
Module 31: High-Impact Equine Diseases in the U.S. Newly updated with audio
Module 32: Regulating Vaccines and Related Biologics Newly updated with audio
Module 34: Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS) Newly updated with audio
Module 35: Bovine Tuberculosis in Cattle Newly updated with audio
Still have questions?
Export requirements frequently change, obtain the current export requirements from the VS Service center in your area before each shipment.
For NVAP questions, see Additional Information or contact your local NVAP Coordinator.