Skip to main content

U.S. flag An official website of the United States government

Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
U.S. Department of Agriculture
USDA FAQ's and resources about coronavirus (COVID-19).  LEARN MORE

Applying for Authorization in Different States

If you wish to be authorized to perform accredited duties in States other than the State in which you were first accredited, complete VS Form 1-36A for each additional State and submit the application to the NVAP Coordinator of the State for which you're applying. Please read the instructions thoroughly before completing this application. Either electronic or hand signatures are acceptable. You may submit your application via:

  1. password-protected email as a pdf document with electronic or hand signature
  2. paper via USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc., or
  3. Fax

You are required to be licensed or legally able to practice in each additional State where you seek authorization to perform accredited duties. You may be required to attend a State-specific orientation program that covers animal health issues for each State in which you seek authorization. The accredited veterinarian must receive a letter of authorization from the Area Veterinarian in Charge before accredited     

State Specific Orientation Requirements by State

Still have questions?

Export requirements frequently change, obtain the current export requirements from the VS Service center in your area before each shipment.

For NVAP questions, see Additional Information or contact your local NVAP Coordinator.

Complementary Content