Skip to main content

Applying for Authorization in Different States

If you wish to be authorized to perform accredited duties in States other than the State in which you were first accredited, you are required to complete a VS Form 1-36A for each additional State and submit an original application to the appropriate NVAP Coordinator. (Original signature is required.) You are required to be licensed or legally able to practice in each additional State where you seek authorization to perform accredited duties. You may be required to attend a State-specific orientation program that covers animal health issues for each State in which you seek authorization. The accredited veterinarian must receive a letter of authorization from the Area Veterinarian in Charge before accredited

State Specific Orientation Requirements by State

Still have questions?

For import/export questions, contact your National Import Export Service Center.

For NVAP questions, see Additional Information or contact your local NVAP Coordinator or email the NVAP at


Complementary Content