- Complete the Initial Accreditation Training (IAT). Documentation indicating your completion of IAT will be required for admission to the Orientation Program.
- Attend an Orientation Program.
- Complete a State specific Orientation if required by the Area Veterinarian in Charge in cooperation with the State Animal Health Official (SAHO).
- Graduate with a Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree from a College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Be licensed or legally able to practice veterinary medicine in the State in which you are applying.
Complete VS Form 1-36A. Please read the instructions thoroughly before completing this application. Either electronic or hand signatures are acceptable.
Submit your completed VS Form 1-36A application to the NVAP Coordinator of the State in which you want to become accredited. The application must be submitted within three (3) years of your completion of an Orientation Program; if more than three years have lapsed since your completion of an Orientation Program, you are required to complete another Orientation Program.
You may submit your application via:
1) password-protected email as a pdf document with electronic or hand signature
2) paper via USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc., or
- The Area Veterinarian in Charge and SAHO will review and evaluate the application. If the application is approved, an accreditation letter will be sent authorizing the veterinarian to perform accreditation work in that State.
NOTE: The veterinarian may not perform any accreditation duties until written approval by the Area Veterinarian in Charge is received
Still have questions?
Export requirements frequently change, obtain the current export requirements from the VS Service center in your area before each shipment.
For NVAP questions, see Additional Information or contact your local NVAP Coordinator.