Skip to main content

U.S. flag An official website of the United States government

Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
U.S. Department of Agriculture
USDA FAQ's and resources about coronavirus (COVID-19).  LEARN MORE



Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animal products, or to obtain a zoosanitary certificate for an animal product, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the product will be exported, the area in which your office is located, or the area in which the product is manufactured.

Animal Products to Switzerland

Switzerland is not a member state of the European Union (EU). However, Switzerland requires the same certificates as the European Union for most commodities. Prior to preparing to export, exporters should have their Swiss importers confirm with the pertinent Swiss authorities. For commodities where the importer verifies an EU certificate is required, please refer to the general information file for the European Union .

*When there is Doubt What Certification Requirements Apply* - Steps to follow - September 2016 (pdf 13kb)

Language requirement for Certificates
Switzerland will accept English only certificates. They do not require English certificates to be bilingual.

Diagnostic and research samples - September 2016 (pdf 12kb)

Game Trophies of Animals other than Ungulates or Birds - September 2016 (pdf 12kb)

Milk and milk-based products for human consumption - June 2012 (pdf 30kb)

Neutriceuticals for pets containing no animal by-products other than: glucosamine, chondroitin, and/or chitosan -September 2016 (pdf 11kb)

Complementary Content