Skip to main content


Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animals, animal products, or to obtain a zoosanitary certificate for an animal product, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the animal or product will be exported, the area in which your office is located, or the area in which the product is manufactured.

Animal Products

Live Animals

Animal Products to Estonia

Estonia became a member state of the European Union on May 1, 2004. The European Union has harmonized import requirements for certain animal origin products. For harmonized certificates, please refer to the general information file for the European Union. Exporters must have their importers confirm with the appropriate Ministry of Animal Health that Estonia will accept products on the appropriate EU certificate prior to shipment.

*Requirement for all certificates to be bilingual - Estonia requires all health certificates to be in both English and Estonian.

*When there is Doubt What Certification Requirements Apply* - Steps to follow - May 2015 (pdf 13kb)


Complementary Content