Skip to main content
Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
U.S. Department of Agriculture
USDA FAQ's and resources about coronavirus (COVID-19).  LEARN MORE

Czech Republic


Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animal products, or to obtain a zoosanitary certificate for an animal product, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the product will be exported, the area in which your office is located, or the area in which the product is manufactured.

Animal Products to Czech Republic

The Czech Republic is a member state of the European Union. The European Union has harmonized requirements for certain animal origin products. For harmonized protocols, please refer to the general information file for the European Union.

Information specific to the Czech Republic is included below.

Contact information for Czech government (for questions from UK importers about what certification is required) - April 2020

Certificate Language

Most EU member countries require health certificates to be bilingual, in the languages of both the exporting country and the importing country.  The government of the Czech Republic has indicated (for shipments where the port of entry into the EUand the destination of the shipment is in the Czech Republic) that if certificates are in English - they do not have to be bilingual.

 As always, the exporter should have their importer confirm prior to shipment that the endorsed certificate meets all requirements.

Feeds for ornamental fish and tortoises derived from aquatic invertebrates

Complementary Content