Skip to main content

U.S. flag An official website of the United States government

Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
U.S. Department of Agriculture
USDA FAQ's and resources about coronavirus (COVID-19).  LEARN MORE



Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animal products, or to obtain a zoosanitary certificate for an animal product, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the product will be exported, the area in which your office is located, or the area in which the product is manufactured.

Animal Products to Austria

Austria is a member state of the European Union. The European Union has harmonized requirements for certain animal origin products. For harmonized protocols please refer to the general information file for the European Union.

Language requirement for Certificates

German is the official language of Austrian border inspection posts (BIPS). Most Austrian BIPS will generally accept English certificates, but the importer may have to pay an additional translation fee at the border inspection post of approximately 40 Euros (this price is subject to change). To avoid this additional fee, certificates should be in both English and German. In all cases, prior to shipment exporters should have their Austrian importers check with the border inspection post through which the consignment will enter the European Union to confirm the acceptability of the certificates.

Game trophies of animals other than ungulates or birds - July 2013 (pdf 12kb)

Lanolin (wool grease) - July 2013 (pdf 39kb)

Nutraceuticals for pets - July 2013 (pdf 12kb)

Rodent-origin materials intended for technical purposes - May 2012 (pdf 39kb)

Complementary Content