Skip to main content

U.S. flag An official website of the United States government

Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
U.S. Department of Agriculture
USDA FAQ's and resources about coronavirus (COVID-19).  LEARN MORE

Animal Products - Other Agencies

Federal agencies other than APHIS are also involved in providing certificates for the export of animal products.

A. Dairy Products

The USDA, Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are the agencies primarily responsible for the certification of dairy products exported for human consumption. (APHIS, VS may provide certification in certain circumstances).

Dairy Standardization
Agricultural Marketing Service
U.S. Department of Agriculture
P.O. Box 96456
Washington, DC 20009
Phone: 202-720-3171
Fax: 202-720-2643

B. Meat and meat products; processed egg products bearing the FSIS mark of inspection

The USDA, Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is responsible for export certification of meat and some meat products, as well as many processed egg products (such as pasteurized eggs), for human consumption.

Export Programs Division
Office of International Affairs
Phone: 202-720-0082

C. Aquaculture and fish products

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), U.S. Department of Commerce, certifies fishmeal, fish oil, and certain other seafood products intended for human consumption.

NOAA Seafood Certification Program:
U.S. Department of Commerce/NOAA Fisheries
1315 East West Highway
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Phone 301-427-8300 or Toll Free 800-422-2750

NOAA Inspection Offices

NOAA Fish Meal Program
Fish Meal Program Manager
National Marine Fisheries Service
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
P.O. Drawer 1207
Pascagoaula, MS 39567
Phone: 228-762-7402 ext. 312
Fax: 228-762-9200

D. Table eggs and other egg products not bearing the FSIS mark of inspection

The USDA, AMS is the Agency that endorses export certificates for table eggs and certain other egg products (for human consumption).

USDA, Agricultural Marketing Service
Poultry Division-Grading Branch
P.O. Box 96456
South Agricultural Building
Washington, DC 20090-6456
Phone: 202-720-4411
Fax: 202-690-3165

E. Honey and other Products of Apiculture for Human Consumption

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) are responsible for the certification of honey and other products of apiculture for human consumption. For more information, please contact:

Charlotte Liang, Ph.D.

Plant Products Branch

Division of Plant Products and Beverages

Office of Food Safety

Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition

Food and Drug Administration




AMS, SCI Division, Inspection Operations
Phone: 202-720-5870
Toll Free: 800-560-7956
Fax: 202-720-0393

F. Plant and Plant Products

The APHIS Plant Protection and Quarantine (PPQ) is the Agency responsible for certification of certain plant products. For more information, visit PPQ's Plant Export website.

For contact information for a PPQ Plant Export Specialist near you.

G. CITES Documentation

The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service is the Agency responsible for providing CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora) certification. If CITES documentation is required, exporters should contact the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.

H. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for bulk gelatin and collagen shipments

In many cases, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is the appropriate authority for the certification of shipments of gelatin and collagen. The pertinent FDA office for certification of gelatin and collagen intended for human consumption may be reached at:

I. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for other commodities

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) also provides certification of certain other products not listed above. Questions regarding certification by the FDA of commodities not listed above may be directed to:

J. Veterinary Biologicals

The APHIS Center for Veterinary Biologics (CVB) is the agency responsible for export certification for veterinary biological products.  For more information, please go to the following section of their website:

CVB may also be contacted regarding these exports via:
Phone: (515) 337-6100

Complementary Content