Skip to main content

U.S. flag An official website of the United States government

Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
U.S. Department of Agriculture
USDA FAQ's and resources about coronavirus (COVID-19).  LEARN MORE


IRegs for LIVE Animals

Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animals, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the animal will be exported, the area in which your office is located.

Save Time and Money with VEHCS!

"Green Banner" Country

Accredited Veterinarians can submit health certificates for USDA APHIS endorsement electronically through VEHCS (Veterinary Export Health Certification System). 

Plus, this country accepts USDA APHIS digital endorsement. This means the final, endorsed health certificate that travels with the animal(s) can be printed out directly from VEHCS and does NOT have to be mailed back to you.

Before going to VEHCS: Scroll below this banner to view animal-specific requirements.

To process some health certificates, VEHCS may need the Accredited Veterinarian to upload the completed fillable PDF version found in the requirements section of this page. Either save a copy of the PDF below, or return to this page for the health certificate, if prompted by VEHCS.

Accredited Veterinarians, log in here if you wish to use VEHCS.
Accredited Veterinarians, help with using VEHCS is available on the VEHCS Help Page.
Learn how to issue a health certificate using VEHCS (A Step-by-step Guide).
NOTE: The endorsed health certificate (paper, not electronic) must accompany the shipment. It can be printed out directly from VEHCS.

Health certificates for export of live animals to Israel can also be generated through the Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS). First, complete the fillable PDF health certificate found on this page. Then log on to VEHCS and enter the destination country and commodity to upload the certificate. For optimal quality resolution, it is preferred that the issuing USDA Accredited Veterinarian sign the document using the ADOBE signature options, rather than printing, signing, and scanning the certificate.

A printed paper copy of the completed health certificate must accompany each shipment.

Click here to find VEHCS Quick Reference Guides.


Note: Horses must be microchipped. The full description of the horse using the sketch is no longer required by Israel.


Note: Ruminants exported to Israel must have an import license obtained from the Israeli Veterinary Services and Animal Health.    

Note: Ruminants exported to Israel must have an import license obtained from the Israeli Veterinary Services and Animal Health.    

Sheep and Goats


Note: The health certificate includes an addendum page which must be signed by the USDA Accredited Veterinarian. Day-old chicks and hatching eggs exported to Israel must have an import permit issued by the Israeli Veterinary Services and Animal Health (IVSAH). In addition, prior to shipment, the U.S. exporter must work with their Israeli importer to receive pre-approval from the Israeli border veterinary inspection team approximately 24-48 hours before the flight.

Note: The above health certificate for SPF Eggs is an addendum which should accompany the VS Form 17-6.

Birds (non-Poultry)

Note: The Israeli importer must apply for an import permit, issued by the Israeli Veterinary Services and Animal Health (IVSAH), by e-mailing: or by calling: 9-723-968-8986.

Aquatic Animals

APHIS Registered Aquaculture Export Facility approval is required for the following certificates: 

Research / Laboratory Animals

Note: The Veterinary Health Certificate for Export of Rodents for Research or Laboratory Purpose from the United States of America to Israel is also available in the Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS).

Other Animals


Visit the APHIS Pet Travel Website for information about exporting your pets.

For species not listed, the requirements are not known.  However, exporters wanting to ship livestock and/or germplasm, whose requirements are not listed above, should have the interested party (importer/buyer) in the country of destination apply for an Import Permit at the appropriate ministry.  This Import Permit will most likely outline the specific requirements.

Complementary Content