Skip to main content
Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
U.S. Department of Agriculture
USDA FAQ's and resources about coronavirus (COVID-19).  LEARN MORE


IRegs for LIVE Animals

Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animals, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the animal will be exported, the area in which your office is located.

"Green Banner" Country

Accredited Veterinarians can submit health certificates for USDA endorsement electronically through VEHCS (Veterinary Export Health Certification System).

This country accepts USDA digital endorsement. This means the final, endorsed health certificate that travels with the animal(s) can be printed out directly from VEHCS and does NOT have to be mailed back to you.

IMPORTANT: The endorsed health certificate (paper, not electronic) must accompany the shipment. The health certificate can be printed directly from VEHCS.

VEHCS Help  |  VEHCS Guide  |  VEHCS Login 




Note: The Food Safety Agency of the Republic of Azerbaijan has imposed trade restrictions on the import of U.S. origin live poultry, day-old chicks, and hatching eggs from the INFECTED ZONES within the states of Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, and Wisconsin, due to HPAI.

Sheep and Goats

Aquatic Animals


Visit the APHIS Pet Travel Website for information about exporting your pets.

For species not listed, the requirements are not known.  However, exporters wanting to ship livestock and/or germplasm, whose requirements are not listed above, should have the interested party (importer/buyer) in the country of destination apply for an Import Permit at the appropriate ministry.  This Import Permit will most likely outline the specific requirements.

Complementary Content