Skip to main content


Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animals, animal products, or to obtain a zoosanitary certificate for an animal product, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the animal or product will be exported, the area in which your office is located, or the area in which the product is manufactured.

Animal Products

Live Animals


USDA Accredited Veterinarian Signature Original Ink
APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer Signature Original Ink

Details: Health certificates require original ink signatures from the issuing USDA Accredited Veterinarian and the endorsing APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer with the application of the APHIS embossed seal. Submissions through the online Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS) cannot be accepted at this time.

Turkey - Summary of Requirements for Live Animals

All health certificates for U.S. origin animals and animal genetics destined to Turkey (with the exception of bovine semen*) must be endorsed by APHIS no more than two (2) days prior to export.  Exporters are advised to schedule health certificate endorsement with their APHIS offices accordingly.

*Effective February 28, 2018, an APHIS endorsed U.S. origin bovine semen certificate is considered valid for 30 days from the date of issuance by the USDA-accredited veterinarian.   



  • Horses - Health Certificate _November 2007 (pdf 179kb)


The Republic of Turkey has placed a temporary ban on all U.S. origin live poultry, day-old chicks, and hatching eggs from the states of California and Minnesota.


The pet import information has been moved to the pet travel website click here

Sheep and Goats

Aquaculture Animals

For species not listed, the requirements are not known. However, exporters wanting to ship livestock or germplasm whose requirements are not listed in the IREGS, should have the interested party (importer/buyer) in the country of destination apply for an Import Permit at the appropriate ministry. This Import Permit will most likely outline the specific requirements.

Complementary Content