Skip to main content

Trinidad and Tobago

Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animals, animal products, or to obtain a zoosanitary certificate for an animal product, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the animal or product will be exported, the area in which your office is located, or the area in which the product is manufactured.

Animal Products

Live Animals


USDA Accredited Veterinarian Signature Original Ink
APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer Signature Original Ink

Details: Health certificates require original ink signatures from the issuing USDA Accredited Veterinarian and the endorsing APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer with the application of the APHIS embossed seal. Submissions through the online Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS) cannot be accepted at this time.

Trinidad and Tobago - Summary of Requirements for Live Animals




The pet import information has been moved to the pet travel website click here 



Other Animals     

Wildlife, pet birds (including psittacine), ferrets and hamsters:

Importation requires permission from Wildlife Division, telephone +1-868-662-5114. They will issue an approval which must be brought to the Ministry of Agriculture, Land and Marine office in order for an import permit to be issued.

General information for importing animals into Trinidad and Tobago:

All animals imported into Trinidad and Tobago require an import permit per shipment. All other animals not covered above will also require import permits. The application can done via telephone, email or written. The cost for each permit is $10.00 TT dollars.

All permits are valid for three months except for dogs and cats entering quarantine; these are valid for one month only.

General information for exporting animals from Trinidad and Tobago:

For all wildlife, permission is required from the Wildlife Division, on +1-868-662-5114.

For all animals, a health certification by either a government or private veterinarian is required. If the certificate is issued by a private veterinarian, it must be endorsed by an official from Animal Health, Ministry of Agriculture, Land and Marine. Such endorsement costs $5.00TT.

For species not listed, the requirements are not known. However, exporters wanting to ship livestock or germplasm whose requirements are not listed in the IREGS, should have the interested party (importer/buyer) in the country of destination apply for an Import Permit at the appropriate ministry. This Import Permit will most likely outline the specific requirements.

Complementary Content