Skip to main content


Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animals, animal products, or to obtain a zoosanitary certificate for an animal product, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the animal or product will be exported, the area in which your office is located, or the area in which the product is manufactured.

Animal Products

Live Animals


USDA Accredited Veterinarian Signature Original Ink
APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer Signature Original Ink

Details: Health certificates require original ink signatures from the issuing USDA Accredited Veterinarian and the endorsing APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer with the application of the APHIS embossed seal. Submissions through the online Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS) cannot be accepted at this time.

Thailand - Summary of Requirements for Live Animals



Note: The posted protocols for bovine semen and embryos (which is suitable for in vivo and in vitro fertilization) have been previously accepted by Thai border personnel, but no official bilateral agreement is in place between Thailand and the United States; therefore, exporters must ship at their own risk. It is recommended that the health certificate based on the posted protocols for bovine semen and embryos should be approved by Thai officials prior to export.


  • Carps - For culture purpose - July 2008 (pdf 17kb)


  • Equine - Protocol - June 2011 (pdf 14kb)
  • Equine - Sample Health Certificate - June 2011 (pdf 13kb)


        Thailand does not allow day-old turkey from the U.S. 

Note:  A bilateral health certificate is currently under review with Thai authorities. At this time, use the requirements as indicated in the posted protocol to create a health certificate and do not use the protocol as an addendum.

  • Swine - Protocol and Health Certificate -May 2013 (pdf 76kb)


The pet import information has been moved to the pet travel website click here

Other Information

Exporters wanting to ship animals whose requirements are not listed should apply for an Import Permit; however, the requirements listed in the import permit may not be appropriate for the United Stated and not able to be endorsed.


Complementary Content