Skip to main content


Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animals, animal products, or to obtain a zoosanitary certificate for an animal product, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the animal or product will be exported, the area in which your office is located, or the area in which the product is manufactured.


LIVE Animals


USDA Accredited Veterinarian Signature Original Ink
APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer Signature Original Ink

Details: Health certificates require original ink signatures from the issuing USDA Accredited Veterinarian and the endorsing APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer with the application of the APHIS embossed seal. Submissions through the online Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS) cannot be accepted at this time.

Taiwan- Summary of Requirements for Live Animals

All live animals, semen, and embryos that are required to undergo testing for specific animal diseases prior to export may be required by Taiwan law to have both a sample and test date listed on the health certificate.



Notes: The sample health certificate is required to be used.

Vesicular stomatitis should be tested negative for both Indiana and New Jersey strains.

Sheep and Goats


As of November 2018, during the pre-export quarantine all pigs shall require oral swabs for Senecavirus A (SVA) RT-PCR testing with negative results prior to shipment to Taiwan.


As of September 25, 2018 Taiwan will not allow entry of live birds or poultry from California. Transit is allowed.

Requirements for poultry and birds – December 2016

Note: A VS 17-6 form should also accompany shipments of day-old chicks and hatching eggs.

Posted sample health certificates are required to be used as of May 1, 2017.

 Notes: Taiwan does not allow movement of birds through any country/zone considered affected with high pathogenic avian influenza. This ban currently includes China and Hong Kong

For additional information visit the Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine web site.


Note: For endorsement of health certificates of aquatic animals intended for human consumption, please contact National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)- Seafood inspection Program at 800-422-2750 or for more information visit their web-site at

Research /Lab Animals

Other Animals

Note: Sample health certificates are required to be used for the following species: Stigmochelys pardalis, Geochelone sulcata, Kinixys belliana or their sub-species. Other species do not require a health certificate


The pet import information has been moved to the pet travel website click here 

For species not listed, the requirements are not known. However, exporters wanting to ship livestock or germplasm whose requirements are not listed in the IREGS, should have the interested party (importer/buyer) in the country of destination apply for an Import Permit at the appropriate ministry. This Import Permit will most likely outline the specific requirements.

Complementary Content