Skip to main content


Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animals, animal products, or to obtain a zoosanitary certificate for an animal product, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the animal or product will be exported, the area in which your office is located, or the area in which the product is manufactured.

Animal Products

Live Animals


USDA Accredited Veterinarian Signature Original Ink
APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer Signature Original Ink

Details: Health certificates require original ink signatures from the issuing USDA Accredited Veterinarian and the endorsing APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer with the application of the APHIS embossed seal. Submissions through the online Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS) cannot be accepted at this time.

Kuwait - Summary of Requirements for Live Animals

Effective October 8, 2018, Kuwait has placed a temporary ban on the import of all kinds of live birds and poultry, hatching eggs, and day-old chicks from the State of California.


For export of live birds, live poultry, hatching eggs, and day-old chicks from anywhere else in the United States to Kuwait: Exporters should verify with the importer/importing officials that these commodities will be allowed entry into Kuwait prior to shipping.


''For horses, an import permit is required from the Kuwait Animal Health Department, Public Authority for Agriculture Affairs and Fish Resources and the import permit number should be written on the veterinary health certificate.''

Note: Only stallions need EVA testing. All horses must be identified by a microchip and the microchip number should be written on the veterinary health certificate.



The pet import information has been moved to the pet travel website click here

Other Information


Turtles Health Certificate-July 2016 

For species not listed, the requirements are not known. However, exporters wanting to ship livestock whose requirements are not listed in the IREGS, should have the interested party (importer/buyer) in the country of destination apply for an Import Permit at the appropriate ministry. This Import Permit will most likely outline the specific requirements.

Complementary Content