Skip to main content

U.S. flag An official website of the United States government

Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
U.S. Department of Agriculture
USDA FAQ's and resources about coronavirus (COVID-19).  LEARN MORE


IRegs for LIVE Animals

Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animals, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the animal will be exported, the area in which your office is located.

This country allows USDA Accredited Veterinarians to use USDA’s online Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS) to complete health certificates.

Save Time and Money!
USDA Accredited Veterinarian Signature Electronic Signature Accepted
USDA APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer Signature Digital Endorsement NOT Accepted
The health certificate bears the original ink signature and embossed seal
Before going to VEHCS: Scroll below this banner to view animal-specific requirements.

To process some health certificates, VEHCS may need the USDA Accredited Veterinarian to upload the completed fillable PDF version found below. Either save a copy of the PDF below, or return to this page for the health certificate, if prompted by VEHCS.
USDA Accredited Veterinarians, log in here if you wish to use VEHCS.
USDA Accredited Veterinarians, help with using VEHCS is available on the VEHCS Help Page. To walk yourself through issuing a health certificate in VEHCS, click here.
NOTE:The printed paper endorsed health certificate must accompany each shipment. You can arrange to have your endorsed health certificate returned via pick-up or by mail (a pre-paid, pre-addressed return label must be provided during certificate submission).

The posted health certificate templates/formats are required to be used. 

Note: Multiple animals may be recorded on one health certificate.


Note: For horses that are not microchipped

Note: Facility approval is required by Korean government. 


Note: Bovine Embryo Facilities/Teams must be APHIS approved and notified to Korea prior to export.

Note: * A health certificate for this commodity can also be generated through the Veterinary Export Health Certificate System (or VEHCS).


Note: After arrival in the Republic of Korea, the swine will undergo a 15 day quarantine and novel influenza A (H1N1 and H3N2v) antigen testing.  The sample health certificate posted below is required to be used.


Note: VS Form 17-6 is not required.

Birds (non-Poultry) 

Aquatic Animals

Note: According to the National Fishery Products Quarantine Management Service (NFQS) of the Republic of Korea, aquatic animals not included in the Disease List for Aquaculture Health Certificate below are not designated quarantine commodities and can be imported into Korea without health certificates.

Note: As of March 1, 2021, mollusks are no longer allowed entry into Korea from the United States. Those wishing to export U.S. origin mollusks to Korea should contact their VS Endorsement Office.

Research / Laboratory Animals

Other Animals

Note: No requirements for importation of reptiles, unless the species to be exported requires a CITES permit. If a CITES permit is needed, the importer should acquire an import permit from Korea’s Ministry of Environment.

Note: A health certificate for this commodity can also be generated through the Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS). Commercial ferrets facilities must be APHIS approved and notified to Korea prior to export.


Visit the APHIS Pet Travel Website for information about exporting your pets.

For species not listed, the requirements are not known.  However, exporters wanting to ship livestock and/or germplasm, whose requirements are not listed above, should have the interested party (importer/buyer) in the country of destination apply for an Import Permit at the appropriate ministry.  This Import Permit will most likely outline the specific requirements.

Complementary Content