Skip to main content


Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animals, animal products, or to obtain a zoosanitary certificate for an animal product, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the animal or product will be exported, the area in which your office is located, or the area in which the product is manufactured.

Animal Products

Live Animals


USDA Accredited Veterinarian Signature Original Ink
APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer Signature Original Ink

Details: Health certificates require original ink signatures from the issuing USDA Accredited Veterinarian and the endorsing APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer with the application of the APHIS embossed seal. Submissions through the online Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS) cannot be accepted at this time.

Kazakhstan - Summary of Requirements for Live Animals


Effective, October 13, 2014, Kazakhstan has a temporary ban on the U.S. export of horses and other solid-ungulates, cattle, sheep, pigs and genetic materials of the mentioned animal species from the states of CO and TX due to vesicular stomatitis virus


Effective June 16, 2016, for questions related to the bovine leucosis testing for the export of live cattle to Kazakhstan, please contact APHIS-VS-National Import Exports Services, 301-851-3300


Effective January 21, 2019, Kazakhstan has imposed temporary import restrictions on live birds, hatching eggs and day-old chicks originating from the states of Minnesota (due to LPAI) and California (due to ND). 


For the following commodities use the same veterinary health certificate that is used for Russia. Do not cross out reference to Russia in the title. Do add reference to Kazakhstan, as appropriate, to sections referencing point of crossing border, route plan, etc.


For species not listed, the requirements are not known. However, exporters wanting to ship livestock or germplasm whose requirements are not listed in the IREGS, should have the interested party (importer/buyer) in the country of destination apply for an Import Permit at the appropriate ministry. This Import Permit will most likely outline the specific requirements.

Complementary Content