Skip to main content


IRegs for LIVE Animals

Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animals, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the animal will be exported, the area in which your office is located.


USDA Accredited Veterinarian Signature Electronic Signature Accepted
APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer Signature Original Ink

Details: USDA Accredited Veterinarians may issue health certificates electronically through the online Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS). Health certificates must then be printed and require the APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer’s original signature with the application of the APHIS embossed seal.

NOTE: A printed paper copy of the completed health certificate must accompany each shipment.

The posted health certificate templates/formats are required to be used. 

Multiple animals may be recorded on one health certificate.


Note: For horses that are not microchipped

Note: Facility approval is required by Korean government 


* A health certificate for this commodity can also be generated through the Veterinary Export Health Certificate System (  


Note: After arrival in the Republic of Korea, the swine will undergo a 15 day quarantine and novel influenza A (H1N1 and H3N2v) antigen testing. The sample health certificate posted below is required to be used.


Note: 17-6 is not required

Birds (non-Poultry) 

Aquaculture and Aquatic Animals

Note: Health certificate instructions and definitions - April 2018

Research / Lab Animals

Other Animals

Note: No requirements for importation of reptiles, unless the species to be exported requires a CITES permit. If a CITES permit is needed, the importer should acquire an import permit from Korea’s Ministry of Environment.


Visit the APHIS Pet Travel Website for information about exporting your pets.

For species not listed, the requirements are not known. However, exporters wanting to ship livestock whose requirements are not listed above, should have the interested party (importer/buyer) in the country of destination apply for an Import Permit at the appropriate ministry. This Import Permit will most likely outline the specific requirements.

Complementary Content