Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animals, animal products, or to obtain a zoosanitary certificate for an animal product, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the animal or product will be exported, the area in which your office is located, or the area in which the product is manufactured.

Animal Products

Live Animals

Iran - Summary of Requirements for Animals

Relations between the US and Iran are restricted by the US Department of State. There are no bilaterally agreed upon trade protocols for US animal export. However, some information is available for select species such as cattle. Please contact your local VS Area office for current information.

Any trade with Iran is likely to require a license from the Office of Foreign Assets Control, US Treasury (http:/www.treas.gov/ofac). Specific information for Iran can be found at http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/pages/iran.aspx.

Exporters wanting to ship livestock or germplasm should have the interested party (importer/buyer) in the country of destination apply for an Import Permit at the appropriate foreign ministry. This Import Permit will most likely outline the specific requirements.

Complementary Content