Skip to main content

Hong Kong

Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animals, animal products, or to obtain a zoosanitary certificate for an animal product, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the animal or product will be exported, the area in which your office is located, or the area in which the product is manufactured.

Animal Products

Live Animals


USDA Accredited Veterinarian Signature Varies by Species: See Below
APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer Signature Varies by Species: See Below

Details: For certain commodities, health certificates may be issued electronically by the USDA Accredited Veterinarian and endorsed by the APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer through the online Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS). The APHIS embossed seal is not required.

NOTE: A printed paper copy of the completed health certificate must accompany each shipment.
For all other commodities, health certificates require original ink signatures from the issuing USDA Accredited Veterinarian and the endorsing APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer with the application of the APHIS embossed seal. Submissions through the online Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS) cannot be accepted at this time.

Hong Kong - Summary of Requirements for Live Animals

Hong Kong Importation Information: Please go to the following web-site.



    • Laboratory test reports/results are required for equine entry.
    • For additional information Please go to the following web site


Live swine for breeding purposes - Please go to the following web site.

For additional information, please inquire at:


"Effective September 17, 2018, due to an additional detection of LPAI, the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department (AFCD) of Hong Kong has issued a temporary suspension of imports of U.S. origin live poultry and birds (including day-old chicks and hatching eggs) from Stanislaus County, California."

*This certificate will be accepted with the use of digital signatures. A health certificate for this commodity can also be generated through the Veterinary Export Health Certificate System ( Once you log on to VECHS and enter the destination country and commodity, VECHS will walk you through each step to generate the certificate.

Reptiles, Rodents and Miscellaneous pets

For species not listed, the requirements are not known. However, exporters wanting to ship livestock or germplasm whose requirements are not listed in the IRRS, should have the interested party (importer/buyer) in the country of destination apply for an Import Permit at the appropriate ministry. This Import Permit will most likely outline the specific requirements.

Complementary Content