Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animals, animal products, or to obtain a zoosanitary certificate for an animal product, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the animal or product will be exported, the area in which your office is located, or the area in which the product is manufactured.

Animal Products

Live Animals

Egypt - Summary of Requirements for Animals

The following protocols for exporting animals to Egypt are available through the International Regulations Retrieval System (IRRS).



Small Ruminants

Sheep - April 1993 (pdf 6kb)


All shipments of hatching eggs and day-old chicks destined to Egypt that transit the European Union (EU), are required by the EU to have APHIS-endorsed EU export veterinary health certificates accompany the shipment.

 APHIS recommends shipments destined to Egypt that are not transiting the EU also be accompanied by an APHIS-endorsed EU export veterinary health certificates for ease of entry upon arrival in Egypt.

The Egyptian General Organization of Veterinary Service (GOVS) has confirmed that for all U.S. origin day-old poultry and hatching eggs, the following statement must be included on the VS Form 17-6, under item 13:

“The day-old birds/hatching eggs originated from a county free from avian influenza”



For more information about exporting pets click here

Other Information

For species not listed, the requirements are not known. However, exporters wanting to ship livestock or germplasm whose requirements are not listed in the IRRS, should have the interested party (importer/buyer) in the country of destination apply for an Import Permit at the appropriate ministry. This Import Permit will most likely outline the specific requirements.

Complementary Content