Skip to main content


IRegs for LIVE Animals

Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animals, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the animal will be exported, the area in which your office is located.


USDA Accredited Veterinarian Signature Original Ink
APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer Signature Original Ink

Details: Health certificates require original ink signatures from the issuing USDA Accredited Veterinarian and the endorsing APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer with the application of the APHIS embossed seal. Submissions through the online Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS) cannot be accepted at this time.

Please Note: In order to import live animals into Aruba, the consignee must have the Health Certificate and/or related test results approved by the Director of the Veterinary Service of Aruba before the animals are shipped to Aruba. The Veterinary Service of Aruba may be reached by telephone at: +297 5850400; by FAX at: +297 5851828 or email

Please Note: To export CITES-listed animals (e.g. Cockatoos or Parrots) to Aruba, they must be bred in captivity and must have a health certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian. To check whether an animal is listed under CITES you can visit or contact the CITES Management Authority for Aruba at




Sheep and Goats


Other Animals

Note: that Aruba applies the following guidelines to evaluate import permits for exotics, i.e. fauna (animals) not occurring naturally on the island: 

1. The intrinsic value of the animal should not be jeopardized. 
2. Public health should not be endangered in any way. 
3. The risk of the animal being/becoming an invasive species must be considered nil.


Visit the APHIS Pet Travel Website for information about exporting your pets.

For species not listed, the requirements are not known. However, exporters wanting to ship livestock whose requirements are not listed above, should have the interested party (importer/buyer) in the country of destination apply for an Import Permit at the appropriate ministry. This Import Permit will most likely outline the specific requirements.

Complementary Content