Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedures and requirements for exporting animals, animal products, or to obtain a zoosanitary certificate for an animal product, you should contact the VS Field Office covering the area from which the animal or product will be exported, the area in which your office is located, or the area in which the product is manufactured.

Animal Products

Live Animals

Aruba - Summary of Requirements for Animals

Please Note: In order to import live animals into Aruba, the consignee must have the Health Certificate and/or related test results approved by the Director of the Veterinary Service of Aruba before the animals are shipped to Aruba. The Veterinary Service of Aruba may be reached by telephone at: +297 5850400; by FAX at: +297 5851828 or email vetservice@aruba.gov.aw.

Please Note: To export CITES-listed animals (e.g. Cockatoos or Parrots) to Aruba, they must be bred in captivity and must have a health certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian. To check whether an animal is listed under CITES you can visit http://www.cites.org/ or contact the CITES Management Authority for Aruba at vetservice@aruba.gov.aw




  • Cattle - Protocol - August 2009 (pdf 21kb)

Sheep and Goats

  • Sheep - July 2003 (pdf 86kb)
  • Goats - August 2013 (pdf 83kb)


  • Horses - December 2008 (pdf 72kb)


  • Swine - Protocol - November 2004 (pdf 70kb)


For more information about exporting your pets click here


  • Camelids - Protocol - June 2012 (pdf 17kb)

Please note that Aruba applies the following guidelines to evaluate import permits for exotics, i.e. fauna (animals) not occurring naturally on the island:

1. The intrinsic value of the animal should not be jeopardized.
2. Public health should not be endangered in any way.
3. The risk of the animal being/becoming an invasive species must be considered nil.

For species not listed, the requirements are not known. However, exporters wanting to ship livestock or germplasm whose requirements are not listed in the IREGS, should have the interested party (importer/buyer) in the country of destination apply for an Import Permit at the appropriate ministry. This Import Permit will most likely outline the specific requirements.


Complementary Content