Skip to main content
Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
U.S. Department of Agriculture
USDA FAQ's and resources about coronavirus (COVID-19).  LEARN MORE

ALASKA – USDA Endorsement Office


  1. READ the Pet Travel Guidance for Pets Traveling to Another Country from the United States, a step-by-step process to guide you and help you prepare for traveling with your pet, including obtaining endorsement.

  2. VISIT the APHIS Pet Travel Website to get detailed information about your destination country's health requirements, including necessary paperwork.

  3. SUBMIT the required paperwork. Choose Option 1 or Option 2, not both.

Option 1:  Use the Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS). Talk to your veterinarian about how you can save time and money using VEHCS to submit your paperwork, including the health certificate. All countries allow the use of VEHCS to submit the health certificate for endorsement. An accredited veterinarian typically does this process. 

Option 2:  Ship the paperwork to USDA. Use the shipping address for the USDA Endorsement Office serving your state. Include The Pet Owners Checklist for Shipping Health Certificate(s) to a USDA Endorsement Office with your paperwork to ensure that all required documents are in your shipping package. Submitting an incomplete package will cause delays.

Option 1:  Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS)

VEHCS can be used to submit all health certificates requiring USDA Endorsement.

USDA, APHIS, VS, Veterinary Export Trade Services
Palmer, AK


Need assistance with VEHCS?

Option 2:  Shipping Address
express ship icon

Ship the paperwork to your Endorsement Office. Please read important information about the pre-paid express return shipping label. Remember to include the checklist.

USDA, APHIS, VS, Collateral Port Office
9001 E. Frontage Road, Suite A
Palmer, AK 99645


Additional Questions?

If you have additional questions about moving an animal to another country, please contact the USDA, APHIS, VS, Veterinary Export Trade Services office in Palmer, AK by emailing or calling 907-229-7656.

Find your USDA Endorsement Office

Complementary Content