National Animal Disease Preparedness and Response Program
The 2018 Farm Bill established the National Animal Disease Preparedness and Response Program to boost the nation’s efforts to keep high-consequence animal diseases from entering and spreading in the United States. This program allows APHIS to collaborate with animal health partners throughout the nation to implement high-value projects that enhance prevention, preparedness, detection, and response to the most damaging emerging and foreign animal diseases that threaten U.S. agriculture. The National Animal Disease Preparedness and Response Program is one of three programs that are supported through the 2018 Farm Bill Section 12101,
Animal Disease Prevention and Management Program
Entities who are eligible to apply for NADPRP funds include:
- State departments of agriculture
- Offices of the chief animal health official of a State.
- Land-Grant Universities and other entities eligible to receive funds under a capacity and infrastructure program (as defined in section 251(f)(1)(C) of the Department of Agriculture Reorganization Act of 1994 (7 U.S.C. 6971(f)(1)(C))). This includes entities eligible for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture Federal Assistance Programs.
- Colleges of veterinary medicine, including a veterinary emergency team at such college.
- State or national livestock producer organizations with direct and significant economic interest in livestock production.
- State emergency agencies.
- State, national, allied, or regional veterinary organizations or specialty boards recognized by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Indian Tribes.
- Federal agencies.
NADPRP Funding Opportunities
There are currently no open NADPRP funding opportunities. The 2021 NADPRP funding opportunity will be announced later in 2021 soon. If your organization anticipates applying for NADPRP funding in 2021 or any time in the future, please review the information for applicants below.
Information for Applicants
- List of 2020 NADPRP Projects
Summary: APHIS awarded $9.3 million for projects that enhance U.S. livestock biosecurity or advance capabilities and capacities related to rapid large-scale animal depopulation and disposal in a high consequence animal disease outbreak.
- List of 2019 NADPRP Projects
Summary: APHIS awarded $5.2 million for projects that advance the capabilities, capacity, and readiness of the nation’s animal agriculture sector responders through training and exercises.
- For information about the NADPRP program, or if you are a cooperator and need assistance with your project, please contact us at VS.NADPRP@USDA.GOV.